No votes
0/6
No votes

Total votes: 21
DigiNico
ambassador
ambassador

Postby DigiNico » Wed 03 May, 2006 08:57

I'm afraid that I'm not impartial about that movie, because I just read the comic novel like a week before and loved it. So I couldn't help comparing with the comic during all the movie, to the movie disadventage, of course. I was like "oooh, they didn't include this part of the comic, oooh, they twisted that part", and so on.

So to my mind the movie is not bad, sometimes with good scenes, a solid acting, but with a plot lacking essential points that give the particular flavor to the comic. I can't mark the movie according to it's inherent qualities (which do exist), but only by comparison to the comic. And for that I'd mark 4/6 tops.

The movie was good, but nowhere near the comic excellence.
Si tu bois sans avoir soif, faut pas t'etonner de pisser sans en avoir envie...

Blog Tumblr

Squeaky-Dude
baronet
baronet

Postby Squeaky-Dude » Sat 07 Oct, 2006 02:08

Youngest daughter Mim bought V on dvd several weeks ago and I pretty much ignored it as it sit in the rack alongside "The Filth and the Fury" and "Quadrophenia".  Then the other day with nothing better to do, curiousity got the better of me and I slotted it in the player......  

Immediately after V's poetically executed introduction I stopped the film, played it again..... then stopped the film and played the speech for the 3rd time!

Fantastic film from beginning to end, I love this type of film and it certainly deserves to sit between "The Filth and the Fury" and "Quadrophenia"

6/6

Banks0522
peon
peon

Postby Banks0522 » Fri 08 Dec, 2006 16:45

Very good film,
and i enjoyed it alot.

6/6

fung_is_cool
roaming
roaming

V's voice

Postby fung_is_cool » Sun 02 Sep, 2007 23:11

V has a lovely voice. I fell in love with that.  :)  :)  :)

Shadow Goughy
baron
baron

Postby Shadow Goughy » Sun 01 Jun, 2008 23:21

Very enjoyable film, took a while for me to get around to purchasing it on DVD but all in all well worth getting.  The speeches where just so fitting and well written for current times.

I'd have to go with a 6/6.

captainnimmo
elite
elite

Postby captainnimmo » Wed 04 Jun, 2008 16:10

didn't mind watching the film, and passed the time well, but i have read the comic, and found it dissappointing that they changed a few things that i felt were key (v's relation with eevee mainly). Also i didn't like nathalie portnman's accent at all, it seemed to me like it came from all over england rather than a particular place.

so igave it 2/6 but probably should have been kinder and given it a 3

Return to “North America”