0/6
No votes

Total votes: 11
JackSlater
champion
champion

Alien, The 8th Passenger

Postby JackSlater » Sun 08 Jul, 2007 19:50

I continue to post the critics of my favourite movie ( Star wars, starship trooper... ) and the actual movie ( Die Hard 4.0 )
Today i begin the critics of one of my favourite saga : Alien and I begin with of course, the first episode.

The saga is about a very dangerous extraterrestrial  specie which ha so little to do with our own specie that the creature encountered is just called "the alien".

In the first episode, the crew of commercial ship Nostromo comes back to Earth but, before, they are awaken in their hibernation and ordered to go inquire on asteroid LV-426 where a strange communication which could be an emergency message and also which could proove the existence of extra-terrestrial intelligence has been heard by the board computer.

On the planet they do discover the huge extra-terrestrial ship, crashed and hosting in its guts the nightmare to begin in appearance of an eggs room. Looking closer to an egg the explorer encouters a face hugger who sticks to one his head. After, the chestbuster appears, killing his host (busting through his chest :D). This the baby Alien, which grows very fast as the crew will discover it.

Then, we are not in the cordial atmosphere of the beginning, one by one, the crew member dies or disapears to be rediscovered in the hive of the Alien.

What I like in this movie ? It don't get old, everytime I see it I am bit scared, the atmosphere is so gloomy, so SF, so researched, it opens the 80's ( with star wars ), it's a revolution in the cinema.
And we have the thing that is essential in the Alien movie, the "two groups" the one who wants to destroy the Alien and the other who wants to study it and we discovered that maybe the Alien is not evil but maybe the man kind who wants to destroyed his own.
A really brillant movie, with a clear message, you see it with always the same pleasure, a deserve 6/6

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 08 Jul, 2007 20:00

One of my most favourite movies too. And also my first SF/horror movie I saw as a child, no movie can then access to the same status in my heart ;)

Alien is a brilliant SF movie and one of the most efficient horror movie. A must see of course. Thanks to have opened a topic about it :)

qaz
roaming
roaming

Alien

Postby qaz » Tue 30 Oct, 2007 22:53

Yeah, great film. It has been rumored for years that there will be an Alien 5.
Hope its gonna come out in 2008.

http://alien5.110mb.com/ check my little site about Alien movie

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Wed 31 Oct, 2007 00:11

Welcome on TLF qaz ! :wtlf:

I've just read you little site and it is really nice. Keep up the good work ! :)

Hope to read more from you in the future ;)

Seph7
baronet
baronet

Postby Seph7 » Sun 09 Dec, 2007 14:40

Probably my favorite sci-fi trilogy (I'll explain later). I absolutely love the 1st movie, its one of those perfect sci-fi horrors you can't fault in any way.

I can't help but give the movie a 5/6 The only thing that stops it getting the full 6 is the fact that Aliens is so much better and if i gave this 6 what would I give Aliens.

I must admit I'm kind of disappointed to hear they are making a 5th film, personally I think they should have left it at 3. 3 has the perfect ending for the saga and it should have been left their (I think im one of the few people who loves the 3rd film).

The 4th has an awful script and always seems like its trying to be very 5th element to me, I should have guessed it wouldn't stop with resurrection though, Hollywood always has to cash in.

Clint008
peon
peon

Postby Clint008 » Sat 09 Aug, 2008 11:18

A so scary film! I love the Alien's design (made by H.G Giger) and the OST. Ridley Scott, for his first film (!) made a beautiful science fiction film. And Sigouney Weaver is a very good actress !
Thirty years after it's always great !
My favourit Alien, 6/6.
[French]
PSP/PS3 user
ImageImage

Return to “North America”