Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Wanted

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sun 03 Aug, 2008 13:06

Let's use the holidays to add a new topic here and I'll do it with a movie I've seen twice in a week, prefering seeing it again than seeing one of my numerous "to watch" movies: Timur Bekmambetov's Wanted.

IMDB wrote: Wanted (2005)
Director: Timur Bekmambetov
Genre: Action / Drama / Thriller
TagLine: Choose your destiny.
Runtime: 110 min
Language: English
Color: Color
SoundMix: DTS / Dolby Digital / SDDS
Certification: Canada:18A (Alberta/British Columbia/Manitoba/Ontario) | Hong Kong:IIB | South Africa:16 | Ireland:16 | France:U (with warning) | Canada:13+ (Québec) | Portugal:M/16 | Philippines:R-13 (MTRCB) | USA:R (certificate #44457) | South Korea:18 | Netherlands:16 | Switzerland:16 (canton of Geneva) | Malaysia:18SG | UK:18 | Switzerland:16 (canton of Vaud) | Singapore:NC-16 | Finland:K-15 | Australia:MA

Wanted focuses its story around the character of  Wesley Allan Gibson (James The Last King Of Scotland McAvoy) a disabused accountant who hates his job but doesn't do anything about it; who knows his wife is cheating him with his best friend but doesn't do anything about it; in summary a man who hates his life but doesn't do anything about it except getting addicted to medicines in order to calm down is anguish crises. The first scenes around him are undoubtedly reminding us David Fincher's Fight Club.

But at the beginning of the movie, the cameras leaves Gibson for a short scene which clearly states you are not watching a remake of the former named master piece but a movie from  Timur Bekmambetov, the director of Night Watch (Nochnoy Dozor) and its sequel Day Watch (Dnevnoy Dozor). These crazy sequence shows one of the most crazy gunfight scenes ever seen on screen. The other ones will come afterwards :D

If you don't like this scene you can get out the movie theater or turn off the TV at once, no need to go further. If on the contrary this scene leaves you mad of expectation for the incoming, stay calm in your chair, your expectations will be fulfilled ;)

Cause very soon Gibson encounters Fox (Angelina Jolie) and from this moment the movie accelerates seriously. Gibson learn that his father he thought long time dead was in fact a member of "the Fraternity", a team of powerful assassins. Once introduced to their leader Sloan (Morgan Freeman), Gibson learns that what he thought to be anguish crises are in fact manifestations of the very same power he received from his father's genes: like the other assassins he masters the "bullet time", among other amazing capabilities :D

Being given the choice between returning to his old so-called life and joining the Fratenity, Gibson doesn't hesitate long and starts his training in order to be able to deal with his father's murderer: Cross (Thomas Immortal Ad Vitam Kretschmann) a rebellious assassin from the Fraternity.

I end here to not spoil the few scenario left. To be true, Wanted's scenario fits on a stamp and I doubt you'd be surprised by any event happening. Based on a comic book I haven't read I can't tell you how close or far it is from its original material.  I won't be surprised that only a few has been saved cause clearly Wanted is just pure adrenaline and seeing this movie is just like taking a ride in a roller-coaster (thanks Bradavielfor this formulae ;)).

Timur Bekmambetov has managed to group the perfect casting for his delirium and the result is just amazing. The actors are all great professional and are all very invested in their role giving an incredible charisma to their character. I've really loved the result ! No movie had blown my mind like that since Godzilla: Final Wars. :D

And clearly both aren't on the same ground, partly due to the cast for sure, but also to the directing of course and to the great aggressive soundtrack from Danny Elfman and other hard rock band like Nine Inch Nails.

Don't go watch it if you're not in the adequate state of mind or you'll be surely disappointed but if you see it for example after a long work day and a great desire to evacuate pressure  Wanted is the medicine you need !

And like me you might even go and take another one in the very same week ;)

5/6 from me and I can't wait for the dvd !

Chevvie

JackSlater
champion
champion

Re: Wanted

Postby JackSlater » Thu 04 Sep, 2008 11:06

Well, that one of the worst movie i've seen this summer.
Only the score of Danny Elfman save the movie from disaster.
the fuck you attitude is only for teenagers who are in their rogue attitude.

1/6

Baskerville
crusader
crusader

Re: Wanted

Postby Baskerville » Sat 06 Sep, 2008 14:11

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Look who's talking :D :D
"Looks a bit weirdski" Van - The Win-Only mantra

Return to “North America”