You start out with creating a character. I chose the name 'Skaila', go figure Then you need to choose a 'surname' of sorts, which I found odd, but ah well. So basically my name or username was 'Skaila.gise'. Once you've got your username, your game and internet, you're good to go.
So far there are no single player missions, only multiplayer, which are quite fun. On the right is your character, and as of yet, I have no clue how to change that into a female soldier or so. Always one of my gripes, especially in my younger gaming days, there simply where no female templates. But I digress.
Ok multiplayer it is! Now before you really start with the game, you have five practice games. There is 1vs1 and 2vs2 battles. I think that's pretty self explanatory. Then you can choose what race to play. I took a screenshot of each 'race' background to see what they look like. I thought they looked pretty awesome.
I chose the 2vs2 match. basically this means you and your ally are fighting two others. Your ally can be any race, it doesn't really matter. You start out with quickly amassing resources and soldiers. I chose to play as a Terran, since I figured it would make the most sense to me.
I do have to admit that all screenshots were taking from my first run. Since then i haven't been able to get my game going again, and I honestly don't know why. I'll try again at a later date and see if it works, but meh.
Also one detail i thought that was funny, the voice cast:
- Robert Clotworthy (English) as Jim Raynor
- Neil Kaplan (English) as Tychus Findlay
- Ali Hillis (English) as Dr. Ariel Hansen -- voices Liara T'Soni (Mass Effect) and Lightning (FFXIII)
- James Harper (English) as Arcturus Mengsk
- Tricia Helfer (English) as Sarah Kerrigan -- voices EDI (Mass Effect) and played Number Six (BSG)
- Fred Tatasciore (English) as Zeratul / Swann -- voices Saren Arterius (Mass Effect) and many other roles
I just HAD to