Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Sat 03 Jul, 2010 10:59

I've received yesterday night my key for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days's exclusive beta. I've not played to the first episode yet but the trailer you can see below had caught me already for this sequel which will be released on the Eidos games label on August 24th in North America and on August 27th in Europe for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Might not have time to try the beta today but I'll surely be back tomorrow for a little review of this exclusive beta and more infos about Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days ;)

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Testing the exclusive beta for Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Tue 06 Jul, 2010 00:03

The demo offers three modes:
  • History
  • Arcade
  • and Multiplayer

In the first mode, after a little cinematic, playing Lynch you meet Kane in a restaurant soon assaulted by killers. From this point, you're running in the city, dealing with both killers and cops to reach Lynch's wife before the killers.

This mode is fun. The animation is correct and the rendering on screen is quite cool, remembering us of Johnnie To's Breaking News, well, relatively speaking. ;)

If the action is enjoyable and nicely deserved by its playability, you are on tracks from which you can't evade. If you've enjoyed the liberty of a Grand Theft Auto IV which was my case a few weeks ago only, you do feel very frustrated. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days takes more from the shoot them all genre.

Anyway I must say that from this little preview I'd like to go further in the game as this B movie ride could host some nice badass moments :D

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
(click on the pics to see the bigger ones)

The arcade "cops and robbers" mode is quite fun. Maybe you can change the role you play in the full game but here I've only played as a robber, part of a team where you can't be sure about the others' loyalty as soon as the money is taken and you have to escape guns in hands through the cops arriving by waves. Should you chose to betray your partners, for example by using one of them as a human shield, you'll have to deal with the cops and your former partners.

This is actually quite fun and I've not yet tested the multiplayer mode but you can play up to 12 players online to different games including:
  • "cops and robbers" already seen before,
  • "underground cop" where a player designated randomly is the cop infiltrated in a pack of criminals during a robbery ,
  • or "fragile alliance" where a pack of ciminals have to work together in order to steal 4 Million $. Funny thing there is that starting as a robber, you reappear as a cop if you get killed :D

So there is all here to have some quite epic moments of team play but also of sadistic betrayals in multiplayer and I intend to test it soon. Sadly the rooms were not crowded when I tried to play. So if you have the key to the beta as well, you know where to find me ;)

With this demo Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days didn't really make to the top of my "games to get" list but should I find it at an interesting price, I'll most surely get it :hittie:

Return to “Gamers Unite!”