Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Limbo

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Thu 22 Jul, 2010 23:09

Microsoft opens this new Summer of Arcade with a new title from Denmark you must get yourself: Limbo.

Limbo is a gaming UFO as we like them. All in black & white like an old Méliès movie or Czech poetic animation, the aesthetic of Limbo can not let you indifferent. If you've never heard about it yet, just enjoy the trailer released during last E3.

Catchy heh ? But if the pics are wonderful in Limbo, the sound ambiance is also amazing. I would advise you to not play with a TV mute as you might then miss some hints hidden in the noises surrounding your character which would then probably be doomed to an horrible death. Yes, your character doesn't get hurt in Limbo. He dies! Brutally and most often quite horribly. Indeed not many video games get you to see your character going through so much lethal attacks.

Don't get mistaken by the fantasy atmosphere, Limbo is dark fantasy and it is clearly for adults and not children. And even as an adult, this game will give you the chill from times to times (brrrrr that hideous black spider .... brrrrr ! :P ;)).

The game itself is very basic, you only have two buttons to use. "A" to jump and "B" for action. These are all you need to solve the different enigmas and help your character going the Hell out of this dark and scary place!

I've not finished the game yet; I'm at 75% but here are a few advise. If you're starting to get mad playing Limbo, the best thing to do is to take a break and get back to it later. If some puzzles require some speed and coordination the actions are usually simple and if you insist without success on a solution you've found, that is most probably not the good one :D (for those who have played the game, I did spend about 10 minutes on the wood box in the middle of the swamp at the beginning of the game Image :D)

By the way, if you get stuck at the beginning of the game, just watch the trailer once more. It might help! ;) Usually you have to check every details, there is nothing forgotten, if something weird is here, there is a purpose behind it. Just check and learn, usually dying on the first time :D

There is a success if you do the whole game dying less than 5 times. This one must be quite tricky !! :D

I leave you with the following pictures of the games and really advise you to get yourself this little jewel from the North. I doubt you'll regret it. I certainly don't! The work done by Playdead guys is just amazing and Limbo does deserve to be on your video games library. So get it! ... Now !! :)

Image Image Image Image

Chevalier Bayard
semi-god
semi-god
Steam ID: chevalierbayard
PSN ID: ChevalierBayard
Xbox Live ID: ChevalierBayard

Re: Limbo

Postby Chevalier Bayard » Fri 23 Jul, 2010 00:13

Finished ! :bounce:

The end is a little bit ... well ... short. Now I might get back to some chapters chasing successes :bounce:

Return to “Gamers Unite!”